View Single Post
Old 2008-02-19, 01:11   Link #20066
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
The idea seems similar to what Chaos had in mind in the past... If it was me, I don't see why not. The details needed some more are that of the organization behind it. And also, are they on the same level as unison-devices in performance?
About the organization, I'm still in the thinking stage actually. I'm still trying to think of a good reason for the organization to exist and their goals.

My original idea is that it will be made up of rogue left wing extremists in the TSAB and as such will have members in almost all TSAB departments. Their end goals will be to:
  • Forcefully subjugate all non-administrated worlds with civilizations and bring them under the control of the TSAB.
  • Conscript all people with mage talent and increase the might of the TSAB forces.
  • Use the vastly increased force to hunt down dissenters, criminals such as Fei Wong Reed and his dukes and deal with other worldly threats permanently such as the Daemons, Necrons etc...
I won't commit myself yet since currently there is one vote against the left wing extremist faction. I'm trying to think of an alternative in case there are more people against it.

As for whether they're on the same level as unison-devices in performance, well... that depends on your definition. The VUDs are corrupted versions of unison devices, which are specially engineered to control, corrupt and mutate the infected. The functionalities are rather different, but in terms of raw power no, since the VUDs would be fighting against the hosts for control over the body.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk
Other than its engineered purpose, it does sound like something a rogue element of TSAB tried to revive the UDs into the modern era but got this instead. Still not a bad thing. The creating army-part should probably extend to beyond TSAB people. Greater choice of 'infection' and greater freedom to roam free while doing it inside the TSAB would have alot of problems, like set-up and organization.
Don't worry Tormenk, when the 'infection' occurs, alot and i do mean alot of people will get affected Also I'm setting the VUDs to be specifically engineered to be that way instead of an accident.

@Thread: Any help/ideas at this overly ambitious idea would be greatly appreciated