Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-06-12, 10:36   Link #7773
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

WTF LOL. I would like to see this being published in my local papers!

Thumbs up to this old farmer who dared to stand up to those property devs!

P.S It is not an MLRS. It is a Nebelwerfer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Not to mention declining population, increase in hikkis, and death by mercury poisoning. Sucks to be a Japanese in these times
If you ask me, Singapore is going to be the next Japan if we don't shoot our Minister of Education. Both governments aren't helping their citizens to learn something called financial planning for the future.

Since the value of "working hard" is defined by academics in both societies, what the youths would lose out in is generic skills and general knowledge, i.e, using Google (no I am not joking, how many times have you guys here heard of people you know telling you to help them find a piece of information easily available on Google, other than job opportunities?), most of which are valuable to personal independence.

On the local context, our polytechnic and highschool students are losing out to ITE (Institute of Technical Education) students, who are considered to be the "recycled and less intelligent of the society who cannot do well in school" (utter bs if you ask me), in this way because they do not know how to manage their money once they lose their day jobs.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.