View Single Post
Old 2010-08-03, 02:35   Link #19
Raiga
tl;dr

I swear I was one of half a dozen people who actually enjoyed SnW. =__=||| It seemed like everyone was so caught up with the moe-hate that they wrote it off without even giving it a chance.

Quote:
Its can be like realistic people if the concept's want the animator draw it like so. you want to say the animator can't draw similar object looks like certain people work ?
... okay, uh, do you draw? Because you're making some crazy assumptions here. I mean, first off, animators are people. They're not human photocopiers.

People don't animate in a hyper-realistic style because it's NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE. It's not about "doing justice" to an artist's work, it's about practicality, because drawing something that moves is exponentially more complex than drawing something that stands still.

Like I said, you seem to have the idea that the creators are conspiring to ruin the original concept. They're not. They're doing their best to follow the original designs while having to adjust that to the limitations of animation and various other requirements. The final model must be expressive, able to be drawn consistently thousands of times, fit the atmosphere and style of the rest of the show, etc. etc.

Besides, SnW was far from the biggest change from original art to anime design that I've seen. Ever seen Vofan's original illustrations for Bakemonogatari? Compare to Watanabe Akio's designs for the anime. Shinobu is especially noticeable. Yet I never heard anyone complaining about that. (to elaborate: Vofan, Watanabe Akio)

... bringing it back to the topic at hand. There's no way for them to animate those designs from the PV exactly. Expect the final anime design to be more simplistic and probably more expressive (more exaggerated features). It's perfectly normal for there to be significant stylistic changes in the transition from original designs to animated form. If you just want to bash SnW and "moe-fication" I'm sure you can do so in another thread.