View Single Post
Old 2011-05-28, 09:25   Link #1569
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I've a question which requires some hypothesizing... I have started to rewatch the Claymore series and just had to wonder if there is ever a chance we will see another season of it. Do the manga readers who are up to date feel there might be another run by the anime counterpart any time soon?
The anime followed the manga relatively closely until the war in Pieta where it diverged - and diverged a lot (basically the final showdown never happened as the events leading up to it were a wee bit different). Any sequel would have to re-do the last few episodes in order to merge back with the story as the anime ending is incompatible with the manga (and a sequel not based of the manga would be utter rubbish and simply not worth making).
The reason for the decision to wrap the series up was, I presume, the lack of enough material at the time to bring the story to closure. The anime covered about 60 chapters, and only about 75 or so chapters were available at the time. With soon to be 115 chapters now, we should have enough material to make a season 2 possible at least (although with the events as they are now in the manga, it'd probably make sense to wait at least 6 more months).

So, although there is starting to be enough material now, the fact that the anime people would have to admit to themselves that their ending was a mistake in order to make a season 2, makes it not as likely to happen as many of us would want. But hey... if Berserk can get a re-launch, then there is still hope at least, right?
Cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote