View Single Post
Old 2011-06-29, 10:55   Link #11751
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
I was also surprised with Oreimo's sales... though probably it will just close in a bit without contending for the top.
As far as sales are concern; Haruhi, Index, BokuwaTomo, Durarara, BakaTest, OreImo, SAO, bakemono and... Infinite Stratos (>.>) are the biggest names in the Light Novel scene.

Quote:
BTW, is Boku wa Tomodachi that good? I've only read the description but honestly, it sounds like a cliche dictionary (though not as much as IS) or maybe a mashup of other works... I guess I can't tell much with just the description but it still bothers me...
The fact that it's receiving such high sales despite not having an Anime yet is a testament to it's strength.

The only other title on that list that doesn't have an Anime yet is SAO.

Quote:
Lol, it does seem that way... too much TV for Hamazura.

But yeah, when Accelerator loses it and goes on a rampage, he does all in the height of his insanity. When he's not high, Accelerator is a lot more humane. On the other hand, Hamazura showed he can become ruthless and calculating. In a sense, the fear I'd feel from Accelerator would be that of the fear of a hurricane or a volcano, but from Hamazura it would be the fear of being hunted down. It's hard to tell which is worse.
That's not what i meant though The proper way to interrogate someone is to do what Accelerator did- He created a whole new reality for the prisoner. A good interrogator paints a picture of the world for a detainee. Whatever he's holding onto, you take it away.

The fact is, torture is for sadists and thugs. It's like getting groceries with a flamethrower. It doesn't work, and it makes a mess. Getting useful information is about creating a new reality for the interrogation subject with no hope of escape or freedom. You control every aspect of their world - how they eat, where they sleep, even whether it's day or night. When it's time to ask questions, you want them disoriented, anxious, wondering who you are and what you can do to them.

Of course, Accelerator used the accelerated process.