View Single Post
Old 2009-11-26, 15:51   Link #2130
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
she says she would want to rent one just before the old hag tells her how much the rent is, so she was just assuming the rent to be lower, i too doubted it at first but it all makes sense this way. then again why does a crappy mage such as Levi can afford this much? Easy, it was just a plot block for Lucy not to move in yet for whatever reason because the rent being this high on the other hand doesn't make that much sense to me. Anyway, just a marginal issue here but that's just me being bored by the current arc that went down since nirvana was set in motion and dragged on for too long for my taste (not as bad as OP thriller bark arc though )
Actually the high rent is not all that unbelievable...
Assuming that "jewels" translates directly to Yen, that would mean that by the US dollar, Lucy's apartment is about $800 per month, and fairy hills is about $1,100 (give or take)... Where i'm from those do seem pretty high, but i have heard of dorms that cost around $1,000 in bigger cities... though one thing i have seen where i live is that dorms tend to cost more then the cheapest local apartments by a few hundred dollars
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote