View Single Post
Old 2004-09-07, 04:20   Link #16
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
I heard her Easy Breezy Japansy single, then I watched her PV for the single.

She went from a lyrical powerhouse with just amazing musical production, and extremely creative and dazzling videos (with the execption of Hikari) to bland and generic imagery and lyrics equivlent to Britney Spears.

Seeing this video and hearing the lyrics really amazes me, at how low the bar is for pop stars in America, I mean it didn't sound nor look any different then anything else overhere, if I didn't know who she was years prior to her US debut, I woulda just coined her as another nameless pop singer. You can say she "sold out" if you want to, she defintely looks like she did, its really sad. I used to consider her one of the great Japanese popstars, because she sounded really different, emotional, a powerful vocalist, with very touching lyrics, she didn't sound generic, and repeative like the rest of Jpopism, in my mind.

To me, she now officially sucks. I am hoping the rest of her album isn't as plain and so one-dimensional as her single. Its only one song, and there have been bad singles before. But if this single is meant to set the tone for her whole album, I'll pass.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote