Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-19, 22:49   Link #27748
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Hush, Sumeragi.

Any religion may have their share of radicals, but this particular religion as a whole has more radicalized itself than any other one in recent years. I mean: where are the voices of the more brilliant and peaceful minds in Islam that would come out and say enough is enough?

In other words, some people (by that, I'm throwing a shot at imams and other religious authorities) didn't do their job in maintaining some form of sanity against radicalism and other forms of abuse stemming from holy text misinterperetations. As much as catholic priests who interperet the Bible one way or the other before raping kids are not called out, the lack of action against abuse is as much of a crime than what those people do in the name of religion.
Or because geopolitically being in the lower part of the ladder radicalized people. I'll ask you think: You think Europe was colonized centuries ago and only got independence in the 20th century, we wouldn't have radical Christianity committing terrorist attacks on non-Christian countries?

You're blaming religion when you should be focusing the geopolitical system.