View Single Post
Old 2009-07-01, 15:58   Link #2067
FlameLordPhoenix

The fan mail sounds like a good idea. I know I'm new here, but I'd be willing to contribute in any way that I can. In my opinion, Kobayashi really screwed over Harima with the way he ended it...and, to a degree, I feel he also screwed over Yakumo and Eri.

As a writer, it really upsets me when I see stories end like that. I'm not saying everyone has to have a happy ending; life just doesn't go that way, but I think every character should at least have a resolution, and I don't feel that's the case for the characters I've mentioned. Harima, who had been seemingly making progress and developing throughout the series, is suddenly thrown back to being a wandering loner who is obsessed with Tenma, and worse, he never even gets to tell her how he feels. Yakumo, as far as I can remember, never gets an answer from Harima, and the second to last chapter insinuates, I think, that she hasn't quite moved on. Last, but not least, we know that Eri had fallen for Harima, and they set up that possibility with the mock engagement...in fact, there was a great opening there for (another) love triangle comedy that could have settled all of the above mentioned issues, but instead we get the inexplicable time skip where all of that plot potential is just dropped. Also, I know you guys know all of this already...I'm pretty much just ranting at this point.

So, like I said, if I can help in any way, please let me know.
FlameLordPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote