View Single Post
Old 2011-06-14, 01:31   Link #11218
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
For what I remember this is a "major" miss translation (well, it's not major but it can be taken the "other way" on how it's phrased) and it always strucks me how this line is quoted just everywhere. The original text said something like "I don't want to be a hero" and then he looked his right hand and said "But I'll get to be the hero". The sentence implied that that he has no interest in being a hero, but since he is forced to have the imagine breaker and the imagine breaker is just was needed to save Index, he'll have to play the hero for once; even though that normally useless hand that he has doesn't raise his bad scores and keeps him unpopular with the girls and the other bad things.

If that's the case, it's definitely more in-line with what's Touma's mindset during the Aluminium Can Bomber incident; he's not the type that wants to accept credit or role for being a Hero- he just so happens to play the hero at that time.

Well, I'll keep this in mind to use for the next time someone else brings it up.