View Single Post
Old 2012-02-12, 04:43   Link #87
Sol Falling

Kazuki Kudo? Is that a real reference? I've played, hmm, I think the first three Phoenix Wright games myself but don't quite know what to make of a "real" lawyer modelled after him. On the other hand, the idea of someone "dressing" and "doing his hair" like Phoenix made me think of the upcoming live action Phoenix Wright adaptation, heh. I haven't really heard much about the movie except that it exists, but this reference was in anyway connected that I'm certainly very excited for it, lol.

Incidentally, one thing about the various routes where Hitomi dies. I forgot to mention this earlier, but it was my impression that in the anime the chemicals the bewitched people were trying to mix result in a poisonous gas; not an explosion. Googling for specifics, the combination seems to be ammonia and bleach combining to produce vaporous chlorine. Just a minor correction there.

In any case, great chapters for both sections this time. Although I'm on the Mami Friendship route, I would've already qualified for "Mami's offer" ( lol) and definitely would have been inclined to go for it. Comparatively, on the Mami Friendship chain, I just barely qualified for Sayaka's route by selecting to say that Sayaka's hair is already great as it is (which I definitely believe is true in any case, lol). For the Sayaka Affection Data calculation, I do have one other correction in that Opportunity Choice 4 should not have been available for us on the Mami Lives route. Since Mami was successfully saved by Homura, there was no need for Sayaka to be informed about Homura's circumstances during that witch battle, so that calculation point should probably be moved over to the other two chains.

Jumping back a bit, I also chose response A for choice 11. Still tentatively moving forwards with a "harem route" hoping to somehow answer all of the girls' feelings, lol. In response to Sayaka's confession, I actually completely accepted it and went with choice B. As night_sentinel mentioned, it feels like this is the only current path to prevent Sayaka from becoming a mahou shoujo; but beyond that, it also felt like the most natural choice given Madoka and Sayaka's relationship.

Incidentally, I was really wondering what the "F" in "MFS" could stand for, lol, until night_sentinel brought up the possibility that it could mean "friendship". If my interpretation is correct though, the "M" makes it stand for Mami-Friendship Sayaka-route rather than Madoka-friendship-Sayaka, right?

All of these developments, with Hitomi dying and Sayaka still potentially feeling set to become a Mahou Shoujo, are very interesting. While watching the actual anime, I always expected Madoka to eventually contract herself so it's not like I think it's best to completely separate Madoka and Sayaka from the world of Puella Magi. However, I definitely think that part of Sayaka's tragic end arose from how quickly she rushed into her contract and so I do want to prevent that to the extent that in this story I will be able to. Given that, I am fairly satisfied with my position in the story right now.

One thing I do see potentially 'causing issues in the future though might be the somewhat unbalanced relationship between Sayaka and Madoka. If Sayaka is the "gallant prince", and Madoka is the "princess" to be protected, there's the potential that Sayaka might still in fact jump ahead and contract without consulting Madoka if Madoka becomes endangered. Hopefully, if that outcome does show up, I might be able to avoid it, lol.

Good work once again. Nice job!
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote