View Single Post
Old 2013-09-07, 07:41   Link #274
bigdeal000
malefic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Well, I have only taking fond of Metal with Sabaton. But could anyone recommend another great band?
While I dislike most of the bands vexx listed (they are metal, they're just not my cup of tea) he's right about diversity. you should search for as much stuff as possible and pick the ones you like yourself. sites like metalstorm, metalcrypt, metal-archives, sputnikmusic would be a great help (at least they helped me). wikipedia works too. as for sabaton...powerwolf is really similar but it's not about war (it's about werewolves, vampires and demons). Grave Digger has some history inspired albums (knights of the cross, excalibur). These 3 bands are "power metal", and I could write a reeeaaaally long list of power metal bands but really, I dunno if you would like them. as to bands I like from other genres...seventh wonder, circus maximus, epica, nightwish, theatre of tragedy, tears of magdalena, children of bodom, iced earth, powerman 5000, the agonist, lamb of god, annihilator, manilla road, skyclad, etc...

edit: now that I think about it, you could also try accept's latests albums "blood of the nations" and "stalingrad". running wild sings about pirates if you're interested.....and really...it's a huge world. I'm gonna stop here, before I get dizzy.

Last edited by bigdeal000; 2013-09-07 at 08:01.
bigdeal000 is offline   Reply With Quote