View Single Post
Old 2011-06-26, 06:17   Link #79
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
I hope I have at least gotten across the point that
You have gotten across the point that you chose to ignore the fact that this thread is asking for people's own thoughts on the subject, focused on the semantics, cherry picked from Wikipedia at your leisure and contradicted yourself several times. In these two posts you refer to Josei as a demographic, but here you refer to it as a subgenre that somewhat overlaps with BL and falls under Shōjo manga. Using Wikipedia, you also said that Yaoi targeted at males is a different genre entirely, but dismissed Wikipedia's entry on Josei as a demographic. Furthermore, you have continuously disregarded the fact that age and maturity are not mutually inclusive, via your statements of Josei targeting more mature female audiences and girls/women after more intellectually stimulating stories. Finally, stating that a Wikipedia entry needs to be edited implies that something is incorrect, and now this does not stop anyone from saying that another Wikipedia entry is also in need of editing; I could just as easily look at the information that says that Yaoi targeted at males is a different genre entirely and say that it also needs editing, or the entry on most Yuri being aimed at girls/women as requiring an edit as well. If one piece of information from the source is incorrect, there is nothing retarding the possibility of the other information from the source as being wrong as well; who is to say that most, if not all, of what we have cited is false?

You have also ignored the fact that this thread is asking for people's own thoughts on the subject when you criticized (protip: writing in a larger font size comes across as critical and it is only your second post) the anecdotes of others in favor of pushing the meaning/definition, and then brought in your own personal feelings/experiences: I'd say they're different? The reason I regard it as an East/West divide? I did not know that one who tries to be objective should state anything subjective, nor was I aware that your personal thoughts and observations held more weight than the other people who have posted in this topic. So not only have you contradicted yourself, cherry picked from Wikipedia and "created" the possibility of most, if not all, of the information we have cited as wrong, but have also reprimanded the opinions of others and favored your own viewpoint while also attempting to be factual. Now do you realize what you have done throughout this topic?
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote