View Single Post
Old 2012-10-12, 10:00   Link #639
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

It's a shounen series, of course the target audience is kids. Of course that doesn't mean that it can't appeal to demographics outside of its main audience, or that it has to be completely chidlish and cliche. It just started, while a weak defense... the majority of series like this start off very slow. Usually when they hit their first big arc is when they hit their stride... going by impressions and interviews... this series is going to sprint to that arc....
It's his loss.
Like I said before, this series is closest to Fullmetal Alchemsit.
Lots of pararells, not in plot, but the atmosphere and storytelling.
The world building, faction conflicts, all these different agendas floating about yet focusing on the band of boys in search of destiny. Through out the series there's numerous pararells to FMA, and in a good way.

Quote:
Well maybe it was different in the manga but in the anime you can see no wrapping around his chest in the first scene, and who I assume is UGO says "My king, the greatest of all those who wield magic" blah blah.
The chest wrapping and feminine design and choice of voice are all intentional, by the artist herself. She wanted to leave some of the characteristics of girl Aladdin she created before deciding to go with this incarnation.