View Single Post
Old 2011-05-10, 06:47   Link #117
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
Mari Okada already trolled us at the end of episode 5, when it seemed for all intents and purposes that Tooru was going out with Yuina. That's why I am skeptical towards his implied crush on Ohana. It's just too obvious.
The thing with Yuina was something that at the time got pulled out of completely out of nowhere. When I saw it, it SCREAMED *anime misunderstanding* (The Yuina thing popped suspiciously out of nowhere, as opposed to the Ohana thing that has been steadily buiding). So I didn't feel remotely trolled when it turned out the entire thing going on with Tooru and Yuina was completely innocent (or as innocent as anything with Yuina can get).

Tooru having misunderstood feelings towards Nako honestly would come off as bad writing to me. You simply DON'T spend this much time sprinkling for a certain plot thread being in development, only to reveal that it was an entirely unrelated plot thread you were working for. That's just sloppy writing, and if anything the writing in Hanasaku Iroha as been exceptionally tight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
Finally, Ohana has been trying to be friends with Minchi since the beginning; a love triangle at this point would hinder all her progresses.
That said, I am no shipper for this series. I don't have enough emotional attachment to the characters to care about their romance. I am just speaking about what I think is the best outcome from a story perspective.
The likelihood of TooruXOhana turning out in the end has zero bearing on the probability of Tohru feeling attracted to Ohana. Anime has one sided crushes allot. And I'd say they're building up to a relationship triangle (quadrangle) being a source of tension within the story.