Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-11, 07:58   Link #1776
night_sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1 View Post
That line on Teru's face makes a big difference. In the first picture, Awai is pressing her head into Teru's cheek in a very intimate manner. In the second, she is just reading over Teru's shoulder. Which is it? Has the first been doctored by an Awai x Teru shipper? Has the latter been censored by an anti-shipper? I demand to know!
I think the second one is the right picture. It works better in context since Teru and co are looking for signs of Sumire's tell... Beside, Teru looks better in the second picture, the first picture makes her look fat.

Anyway, as I've said before that picture is sinking the Teru x Awaii shipping for me... because even if the first picture is the right one, Teru's thought bubble says 'Sumire'.

Though, I wouldn't discount this shipping pair, but right now barring anymore interaction, I think Teru x Sumire has a higher chance of happening than Teru x Awaii. Heck, Sumire x Awaii is also a possibility since Teru specifically asked Awaii if Sumire has any sort of tell, either Awaii has some sort of ability like you've said or Sumire is closer to Awaii that Awaii might be able to see any tells that Teru might have missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive
But they are sisters. The shipping is impossible. *Beam Rifle'd the guy*
I wouldn't discount the Saki x Teru pairing because they are sisters. Considering most siblings that are introduced are 'close' - Kuro and Yuu and the Atago sisters in the main manga wherein Kinoe is undoubtedly a siscon for Hiroe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
I do like Achiga (and Yuu), but frankly this match so far does not strike me as any sort of evidence for their individual abilities. There is nothing unique or characteristic about Yuu in the way she's dominating Sumire; her performance thus far can be entirely chalked up to Akado's completely overpowered identification of Sumire's tell/weaknesses. Seriously, while I do think Yuu is a (possibly much) better player than Izumi, in this case the lead/advantage she's playing with is ridiculous. Izumi and Sumire's performance this time has basically nothing to do with their actual individual merits/abilities, and more with failures of coaching.
I agree with Sol, this chapter really managed to show that Akado is a good coach. It raised Achiga's overall competency for me since a good coach is always a plus in my books. But, as Sol have said it really didn't really show that Yuu is objectively better than Sumire.

Achiga's advantage right now relies on the simple fact that they know Sumire's tell which is a precarious situation because the moment Sumire becomes aware of this habit the advantage that Achiga has is lost and Sumire can snipe them as much as she wants.

Its even more precarious since Shiraitodai is now aware that Sumire has some sort of tell that is giving herself away and is actively searching for it. Even if they don't find this tell in the sergeant match, we can bet that they will find it before final match rolls about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
H
And Shindouji makes another win right after that And speaking of that, it seems Shindouji has more of a plan than just using Kirame as a meat shield against Teru. One has to wonder why they would make one of their players change styles like that since they've already faced Shiraitodai before and found their way in. Maybe the prospect of facing both Shiraitodai AND Senriyama forced their hand.
[/SPOILER]

I'm really liking Shindouji as time goes on. They're like the dark horse of the semi-finals and I think that they actually have a decent chance to make it considering that they're arranged from the weakest to the strongest. So they'll give a stronger showing as time goes on and considering that Yoshiko is actually showing that she's non-canon fodder... in fact Yoshiko won the most hands right now even if they are cheap... So yeah.

Regarding Izumi... lol.
Its really too bad that her claim of being the strongest first year is looking empty right now. Though, I do believe she is a good player... just not the strongest rookie right now with Saki and maybe Awaii in the picture. Come to think of it, wasn't Saki in the same position as Izumi in her last match being the sole first year player among third years...

Last edited by night_sentinel; 2012-08-11 at 08:27.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote