View Single Post
Old 2012-07-15, 11:36   Link #74
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Less eventful episode than usual this week but still had a few interesting things going on with each character.

I'm taking a liking to Chiyu of late and her apparent theory that random acts of violence and straight talking solve most problems. I just find it weird that someone who could best be described as a tomboy much of the time would be the one to have healing powers. Anyway definitely got an eyeful of her this episode. Clearly they figured since she hadn't been around all that much they needed to go all out during her arc so we have an entire scene with her just completely stark naked. Even still they went all out on Kuroyukihime in the new ending too. Overall a really fanservice filled episode this week, which is probably why I come away a little more with the feeling that it wasn't too eventful plot wise.

Noumi seems to be there to try and corrupt others almost and serve as a foil to Chiyuri's ideas about how the game should be played for fun and played fairly without the dickishness and backstabbing. It's almost like his goal is to try and give people cause to break the socially imposed rules of Accel World and just do whatever with it. In short he seems to just want to cause as much chaos and mess around with people cause he can. This is what I inferred with his conversation with Taku who he seems to have caused to doubt himself all over again. He seems to delight in causing havoc and stretching the boundaries of the game in a malcious way compared to Taku who simply used it to gain an advantage in Kendo so I don't really see why Taku would see himself in that kid. It almost seems like similar to Kuroyukihime there's some deep self-loathing going on inside his head, but Kuroyukihime hides it better. Maybe that's why he admires her almost more than Haruyuki does to some extent.

As for Haru, apparently Kuroyukihime leaving caused his brain to leave a bit too because he's pretty foolish this episode. I get that if Kuroyukihime stayed she'd probably just squash Noumi and the arc would be over before it even began, but having Haru handle the problem isn't working out well so far. He can't seem to recognize the difference between the girls and boys bathroom. I mean even with the signs switched and even if you've never been down that wing of the school before how could you not immediately notice which bathroom you are in. One time I almost made the mistake and I immediately noticed the second I opened the door and just shut it without incident. I mean there's a difference lol. He also doesn't seem to be able to do much against Noumi, being thoroughly outwitted and overpowered in every instance of them having a confrontation this episode. He's definitely not as much of a dunce as he was before he got into Accel World, but there's obviously still a long way to go before he can even come close to being considered as useful as Kuroyukihime or frankly even Taku in some way.