View Single Post
Old 2013-03-20, 06:59   Link #3729
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Maybe I'm just unimaginative...
Nah, I agree.

Simply put, Saten isn't crazy enough for the Delta Force.

Fukiyose has a force of personality that makes her fun to watch with the idiot trio cause she contrasts them - and then at other times proves She's not so above it all like when she participated in sneaking out of the school.

Saten though? As much as I like her, she's too normal. She's an average middle school girl, which works well in Railgun because she brings a normalizing agent to a Level 5 and her 2 Judgement friends. She's like an ancor for their daily lives. And when she gets involved in incidents, she usually finds herself overwhelmed.

If you put her with the Delta Force though? First off, do you want those three to be "normalized" in anyway shape or form? Even worse, all her little quirks that make her an entertaining character will be overshadowed by one of the three. The only thing left unique to her would be her angst over her low Level.

I can actually sort of imagine the look on her face when she meets these fun loving Level 0's like her, who don't give a shit about that kind of thing, only to realize that she's kinda boring compared to them. A Level 0 among Level 0's.