View Single Post
Old 2008-10-09, 00:52   Link #461
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Duh, almost 1 month without any update...
Surely I'm not forgetting about finishing the umineko witch set, but heck, it is quite a pain to find an appropriate render for Beato ~~"

Ah well, this time, I "managed" to fulfill an old request.

After Dan was able to finish his vector and wallpaper, I got completely stuck because I couldn't find an appropriate mood or BG (valkyrie, by default, have many possible themes: war, redemption, holy presence, etc). Almost 2 weeks without a proper choice in mind.
As result, I ended up with a "classic" structure, though I couldn't help myself with light brown, and rather used a mixture of gold, yellow and orange, for some effect of light/fire and twilight.

For once, I tried to change the usual "plain" glow, and tried some radiate and irregular flowing aura on the sword, though since the original vector made it grey, it wasn't exactly easy to make it overly white and sharp without making it "flat".

The chanting text is the actual incantation chant for "Revolution" in Yggdra Union, solely reserved for Yggdra and Valkyrie units. I wanted it part of the BG and it was supposed to be first in glittering gold, but it was a bit too outstanding and clashing with the mood, so I changed it into a faint white.
The scenery and colors are splendid, and also the revolution incantation on the top left fits well with the fainted white color.