View Single Post
Old 2009-03-24, 10:51   Link #233
Taken

Quote:
We all know that the two reasons that Minori doesn't want to be in a relationship with Ryuuji is because she knows Taiga loves him, and her hopes to become a professional athlete. It's just like what happened with Kitamura and Sumire. The only question I have is why didn't she ever tell anyone that in the first place?
From ep 24, I think Minori can see that Ryuji likes Taiga as she has said. And I got to say that Minori is one of the more astute characters around. She actually sees through Ami's mask in the early episodes (see ep5 15:08 to 16:05 ). Another reason as she said was that she felt Taiga needed Ryuji more but she admitted she was being too presumptuous on her part.

I would think that while being a professional athlete was important to her, she also liked Ryuji a lot (ep 17 - 20 being most evident). What happened betweem Kitamura and Sumire was unfortunate, was that Sumire would never allow Kitamura to give up everything he had to follow her. Sumire also didn't believe in long distance relationship as well.

I think in the end why Minori opened up, confessed and told him her plans was because she believed that it was "game, set, match" and Ryuji has understood that the one he liked is Taiga.

As to why she didn't tell anyone, I guessed she didn't anyone who cared for her to dissuade her from working herself out. Imo she has always been the type that goes for the challenge (having tons of energy help) and always being positive about everything.