View Single Post
Old 2007-08-25, 20:16   Link #87
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
If I have to see one more giant robot pilot.... (Gundam Wing & all permutations thereof, Godannar, Full Metal Panic, Robotech, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Patlabor, Code Geass, Eureka 7, Zone of the Enders, Escaflowne, Fafner, RahXephon, Blue Gender, Macross, etc, etc, etc... and on and on and on and on....) <--- I mean, c'mon, seriously!
You're kidding right? Giant mecha is a genre. Not a cliche. It's like saying action shows are cliched because there are a lot of action shows. So what about all the Schwarzeneger, Stallone, Van Dam, and endless hordes of other action movies and shows, huh? What do you want, the ceasing of the giant mecha genre? Not gonna happen, just like any other genre. Live with it. And like it or not, Magical Girls is also a bit of a genre. So suck it in.

There's complaining about things that are natural to complain about, and then making ridiculous complaints. I despise the latter, and the former is just as hateable when people take it too far, which about 95% of the anime community does quite often. Hate for quiet girls because they're "cliched"? Sorry, the "speaks loudly and freely" type, as well as the "average" type, have been done just as much. You're gonna have to live with this one too.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2007-08-25 at 20:28.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote