View Single Post
Old 2008-04-13, 21:07   Link #210
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyajitchi View Post
After I click in this part of the story to progress, it shows the next screen's background (No people) and then says "Not responding" at the top of the game's box.

If you want I can explain more or post more pictures...
This is a somewhat known problem with onscripter and Vista, and used to be a problem with multicore processors. The internal mpeg decoding library freezes the program after starting/stopping music playback a certain number of times.

The good news is: we'll be having a new Onikakushi patch release shortly (like in a week or so) which will have a more recent build of onscripter that uses newer libraries. Based on tests so far, it's eliminated the Vista freeze problem

It seems like a new set of official onscripter builds should be available soon as well, and if they come out before our patch does, we'll be sure to include the official binary.

In the meantime, I wonder if running the program in "XP Compatibility Mode" would help, though I can't be sure since I don't have Vista myself. If not, then saving more frequently and restarting from the most recent save should at least get you past each freeze point.

Take care,
Mion (Sonozaki Futagotachi)