View Single Post
Old 2009-04-22, 21:56   Link #488
sakuraame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Zangetsu View Post
Well, this could be put into speculation. This is a senario I thought could fill in what happened. It might not be true, but this is speculation.

We don't know if the vizard woke up after Urahara and Tessai were captured. If they woke up, and they realized what happened, they'd take off their masks because they'd be able to since they only went halfway. Then Yourichi helped get them get away if they weren't strong enough. The hollow masks as far as I know don't just dissapear when you take them off when you're yourself, so they'd remain physical. This would set up the senario of the Soul Society finding the masks for proof and they escape alive. Now if Central 46 said they were victims, they need to find them to prove what happened and if they can't find them, they'd assume they were alive and escaped. If they couldn't even find the hollows they would've turned into or they can't find find their bodies, that would be their only conclusion. That would change their belief to that the Vizard gained those powers through their want and running away because they didn't want to be caught and thus getting a kind of sentence for running away from the authorities. Their new sentence for Urahara and tessai would then be helping them with what they did. We still don't know if they knew that Yourichi was involved. So when they escaped, they just hid and Yoruichi just in case.
Now seeing as we know next to nothing about Isshin, he could've heard the newer report and thus got his opinion.
I agree that Central 46 probably issued a new report after they escaped because that would be the only way to explain the discrepancy between the two stories. However, I just wanted to point out that there are some obstacles in making your speculation plausible. When Yoruichi brings the Shinji and co. to the cave they look exactly the same as they did when they first started turning into hollows, which insinuates that they didn't wake up and thus didn't leave anything behind. Urahara is accused of conducting experiments on his fellow shinigami and from the way that Central 46 words it, it sounds like they have an "eyewitness" and scouts say they found evidence of hollowifcation experiments at the division, which for Central 46 is enough "proof" to convict. The fact that Vizard disappeared along with Urahara probably changed the sentencing as you pointed out, changing them from victims to criminals, even though Central 46 didn't seem to care all that much during the sentencing as they were to be killed anyways. (Ch. -97)

Also Shinji and co. were still pretty out of it as when Yoruichi brought them to the cave they were just kind of piled together like laundry. Plus they weren't fully Vizard as we understand them right now. Urahara states that his attempt to use the Hougyoku failed which would probably point to them being in the same condition as they were before: incapacitated. The battle to overcome their hollows haven't begun. Hyori took the longest to control hers (13 hours I think?) and from what we've seen with Ichigo's Vizard training, it took all the present Vizard to keep Ichigo busy while he battled. There is no way that all of them could become fully fledged Vizard in the span of less than 24 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Zangetsu View Post
Well, I believe he just got told the newer report by Central 46 and Urahara just shut his mouth and didn't try to tell him the real story, but the only problem is how he knew about Aizen?
Also, one startling thing is Isshin knew where the Vizard were all along. In fact, he even knew what their reiatsu was like, since he knew that one of them met up with Ichigo at the exact moment he was busy brushing GF aside like an ant. This saids that he already knew them and where they were all along so when he was still a shinigami, it would've been too easy to tell Central 46. This saids he really didn't think they were guilty or he had some relation to them and was trying to protect them from being found out and could've been found out and had his powers sealed.
Isshin knowing about Aizen is weird as you say. I'm not exactly sure where he got his info from. When I first read that chapter (188) I thought that Isshin knew that Aizen was shady for a long time. But since he doesn't know about his involvement with the Vizard, what if he just recently found out about shady Aizen? What if Isshin gets his info from Urahara so he knows what is up with Ichigo in terms of his shinigami activities? Urahara could have just told him the basics. They have obviously talked because Isshin says that Urahara was right that Ichigo would eventually be contacted by the Vizard.

I don't know if Isshin has known where the Vizard were along or that he doesn't think that they were guilty. I still maintain that if he had any inkling that they weren't guilty then he wouldn't call them criminal shinigami or say that "we never found their base of operations nor uncovered their goals. They're a tough one." (Ch. 188) He probably tracked them and pursued them long enough to recognize the combination of hollow and shinigami reiastu. Also he doesn't seem to have any more connection to Soul Society so he isn't really bound to tell them anything now or extensively track them anymore, especially since his son has become a Vizard.

Last edited by sakuraame; 2009-04-22 at 21:59. Reason: I have grammar problems...