View Single Post
Old 2004-02-13, 19:32   Link #27
method

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephisto03
I think you need to go back to school or pay more attention in school. You misunderstood my post completely. The reason "take a look at fansubs" is in quotes is cause I was generalizing the term used for this discussion. Its a common way of getting across something as blunt as possible to further get across a point. I know that posting on there boards doesn't consider THEM to watch anime themselves but basically if there were no fansubs how else would people be able to give a suggestion? If they knew already what was good and what was bad to show on there network they wouldn't be making that forum. And from recent threads made by countless people asking about anime and fansubs on this message board you can come to a good assumption alot of people don't just buy dvds to check out a series or would. Most people know of a series or check it out becuase of fansubs and are able to comment and discuss to others becuase of fansubs.

I still stand by my answer though fansubs do help american companys figure which animes to pick up because it is a good source for checking out interest of a show. Why not right? Like someone said before, if the fansub community theres a show that gets ALOT of downloads then obviously theres a big interest (especially since most user downloading it are from america) then the company can take a further look into the series and then do there own market research inside the states to get a better final outcome of viewer interest.

Instead of reading what someone says and then jumping on the 10 word spamming post maybe you should actually consider what someone is trying to get across and voice your own opionon instead of trying to rack up your post count to look cool "dissing" someone who actually has something to say about the subject in hand.
Wow did I hurt your feelings that much? Grow up. I could care less about my post count unlike yourself. The whole point of my message was to say that you are jumping to conculsions from the the show suggestion forums on the Adult Swim boards. The boards are up for shows that are already licensed and in no way indicates that WS has any interest in fansubbed shows. The closest CN has come to licensing a series was co-financing the second season of Big O. Why would they want suggestion for series that aren't even licensed? Your further assertions that companies wait until a series is fansubbed to consider it is off. If you have paid attention to anime industry, you would have seen that the number of series that have been licensed before the series has even aired shows that the companies have a firm grasp of what sells and what doesn't. Do you really believe that a company that has been around for 10 years needs help deciding what to go after?

Last edited by method; 2004-02-13 at 20:00.
method is offline   Reply With Quote