View Single Post
Old 2012-01-25, 15:45   Link #67
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Actually, listening to naysayers can be useful.
I once put Kimi no Iru Machi on hold since I have no time to read it, but after seeing the reactions to the characters' distasteful actions, I was relieved not to find myself in the same rage as those who hoped for a less ragetastic read. I dropped Kimi no RAGE Machi like it's hot. I hope Velvet Kiss doesn't go that path, tho.

Judging from frubam's reactions, though, it seems that it really is a disservice to wait for twenty months only to find out that "nothing happens".
There is nothing wrong with listening to other people's opinions before trying something out, of course!

But yes - there were a fair number of readers who did not enjoy the idol arc. But it was not enough for many of them to put the manga down - though some did, of course.

Again though, this is an anime and thus the medium change will allow for different things. What comes across as slow in the manga due to the monthly releases could come across as super fast in the anime format!

Or of course the whole thing could be a colossal failure.

But for now I am giving it the BOTD and very much looking forward to the adaptation attempt, as for me what I felt the enjoyable parts of the manga far outweigh what I thought were the unenjoyable parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
At this point in time and in the mange, the biggest make or break for me in the adaptation is who will voice Urabe, because voicing her is itself going to be a challenge.
Agreed ... I still think Hanazawa Kana could do a good job (she was the first to spring to mind)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Official website opened. It's owned by StarChild.
Hmm ... only small amounts of info atm, but something is better than nothing I guess.