View Single Post
Old 2012-08-20, 23:10   Link #35784
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Just a thought. Would it be plausible... that even if there were a second male IS pilot... he would be passed up due to lack of resources? I mean they'd take interest but not as much anymore as with Ichika because he's not the first?
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
well I had a rather rude epiphany about IS. Then I realized that maybe some of the old ideas weren't wrong.

This one being the opposite of Ichika who had everything given to him. This idea where a guy actually goes from 0 to something thorough his own blood sweat and tears.

:/
Damn every guy in TLR Stratos being genre savvy about this.

They realize that Japan simply can't handle four male pilots in a single generation, they took refugee overseas and thus they get equal position to Ichika (Ichika still get the most spotlight, but not enough to overshadow them). To quote Haruna and Rito here when they found his ability.

Quote:
"Congratulations, Yuuki-kun" she smiled gently, making his heart race in the process.

"… Thanks, but I'm not even sure that I'm happy with this" He managed to hide the problem, keeping his expression straight "… Does that sound stupid?"

"No, far from it"

"Eh?"

"… They said, how lucky, how envious. But don't they know? It isn't easy to become a noteworthy pilot"

Now that Rito remembered, Haruna's sister was Canadian I.S. pilot, currently a second year in I.S. Academy. Haruna must've known about the hardships of being a pilot; even though there were always benefits, it wasn't always worth the effort.

"Like they said though, I'm not going to waste this." Rito mumbled, "I'll go to Europe"

She raised her eyebrow in response, "Europe?"

"Too many Japanese pilots, too little to offer, so we decided to develop our career somewhere else. It's convenient that I have something to solve there. Two years is the standard Cadet Representative Training, I still have few months left to do anything as a free man, after that, I should decide."
In contrast, Motemitsu, Ichika's senior by one year, disappear into brink of oblivion, not only because Ichika's appearance but because he is in the same generation as frickin Tatenashi, and to add insult to injury, Yuu Kotegawa as predecessor.

His own character arc is exactly what you describe: he comes back with a bang, with only a single piece of custom equipment made from scrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - Do you know the storytelling device of using one's appearance to show their psyche?
I seems to have heard one but forgot, probably "Obviously Evil" and "Most definitely not a villain" is one of the popular subcategories of that trope/device.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-08-20 at 23:31.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote