View Single Post
Old 2007-11-24, 16:08   Link #99
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelok View Post
Actually, Canvas 2 may be a harem anime perhaps more or less. In Canvas 2, there are three girls who are interested in Hiroki Kamikura, but he also spent a bit of time with each girl, especially the ones who didn't seem attracted to him. Remember the episode where Kamikura goes on a lunch date with the principal? Remember the episode where he helped Tomoko Fujinami?
No, i don't think it classifies as harem at all. Just because he has interactions with several females does not make it a harem in any way. You say yourself he interacted with several girls that were not interested in him - but the girls being interested in him in this case is the exact requirement for it to be a harem. Everyday life encounters and interactions do not a harem make, else my everyday life is a harem, because i happen to interact with several females.

Three girls interested in him? I don't think there are more than two
Spoiler for Canvas 2 minor spoilers:

Though this wouldn't be the first time i see a show labeled as harem simply because it is high on the female population. When one gets to see even shows like Mahoraba being labeled as harem every now and then, i can't help but wonder how easily the term is being tossed around.