View Single Post
Old 2012-07-24, 13:54   Link #132
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I think it's safe to say tobi used izanagi when sasuke hit him with amaterasu. his mask even came off, allowing him access to his hidden eye. it was a foreshadowing to the izanagi technique which tobi himself uses later in the story
It was explained in the Sasuke vs Danzou fight that the izanagi must be started before the attack, but there is no way that Tobi expected an amaterasu attack from Sasuke. And nobody wastes sharingan eyes for nothing, especially if he can dodge attacks by becoming a ghost with no cost. Also Tobi explains that he survived because he didn't tell his secrets to Itachi, but we know that Itachi did know about izanagi and izanami, so it can't be that Tobi used izanagi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Personally my new pet theory is that Tobi is some kind of Zetsu offset, a mish mash of the personalities of dead shinobi that Zetsu ate. Hence his ridiculous amount of knowledge spanning generations, his weird body, his personality all over the place, the fact that he call himself No one and his desire to end individuality.
That would be probably better than what the author will choose I'm afraid this theory is too abstract for this type of manga.
It's interesting how similar this would be to what we know of Orochimaru's immortality jutsu: in orochi's mind-world there are the souls of his past victims and the only difference between them and Orochi is that Orochi took control, except in Sasuke's case where Orochi's mind was sealed. But if all these souls were mixed together in one then we could get a "mish mash of personalities". Also Orochi coming out of a cursed seal can be similar to how Tobi's body was created, in the sense that a living person can be created that does not fade away as a normal kage bunshin would ( or the mind-bunshin of Kushina and Minato, which did fade away like a kage bunshin as it's chakra was consumed).

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2012-07-24 at 14:40.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote