View Single Post
Old 2006-06-29, 23:00   Link #79
ShuiMei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celes__
You don't understand my point because you don't know the information I'm talking about.
Actually, I don't think he has that opinion, I think he posted it just for fun, or for bashing the singers, because who can seriously think that Hikki is a rocker when she only has 2 rock songs in all her discography? and who can seriously think that BoA is FAT when she is so skinny now that many of her fans have been worried that she might be anorexic? It's impossible to have such opinions. Maybe you understand my point now.
It's certainly not impossible to hold such opinions, but they are certainly poorly based opinions. When you compare BoA's body now to her body during her VALENTI/LOVE & HONESTY days, she is evidently thinner now, it is my opinion, but an opinion based on observation. She's lost most of her baby fat, her face isn't as rounded and her frame is more toned. She may have been smaller when she was younger but her face was certainly more round and her figure more rectangular.

I think she looks better now personally, I used to think her rather stocky looking. Her music hasn't been great as of late though, I think her older albums, while nothing particularly original, were more fun to listen to, 'Nanairo no Ashita ~brand new beat~' was fun though

As for Utada's music, labelling one's music as "rock" is certainly up to one's own intepretation, but it is an uncommon one, and one that I don't think holds much ground. However, I don't think Utada's music as of late can really be categorized into a specific genre of music since she's been mixing and blending styles as of late, it's not like several years ago where she would generally be put under Pop/R&B, she's definitely been experimenting with other genres, including rock influences, but I don't personally think the entirety of her music as of late can be classified as rock music. I used to like her a lot when I first got into Japanese music but my opinion of her has wavered in recent years.

Also, I don't see the harm is discussing these subjects, they are about artists some of us enjoy, some more than others, so what if we have conflicting opinions? A little discussion never hurt, and it's not entirely off-topic