View Single Post
Old 2009-05-26, 11:24   Link #199
onemadcow

That time of the week again...

Week 5 was again a bit of a surprise for the OP/ED songs with 'Lazy' charting at 13 for the week with another 8220 copies (122891 total) and 'Cagayake!' landing at 16 with 7432 copies (111032 total). I'm sure some of that is due to a bump from 'Fuwa x2'

Speaking of which, 'Fuwa x2' didn't do badly on it's own, with 39458 copies in it's first week. It actually did rise to #2 on the dailies on Thursday, but was #3 for the week overall.

BTW, rank for songs really doesn't mean all that much - it's all about sales and what's competing for the week. This week there's a nearly 90k spread between 1st and 3rd place. Some weeks things are much closer, and had Glay released one day later, 'Fuwa x2' would have come off with #2 for the week instead.

Anyway, I think that this next week you'll finally see 'Cagayake!' fade out of the top 20, this will probably be 'Lazy's last week in the top 20, and 'Fuwa x2' will struggle to remain in the top 10. As for the forthcoming character singles, I think that 'Fuwa x2's performance is a good indicator of what to expect, with the possible exception of Mio's single.

I have more to say about the singer/seiyuu thing and the production credits, but will have to leave it for another post. I'm being a bad boy at work by writing even this ^_^
onemadcow is offline   Reply With Quote