View Single Post
Old 2009-11-09, 03:02   Link #126
Hourai Rabbit
Blissfully Ignorant

At first I was mumbling benedictions to myself under my breath and hoping to the Almighty that Bioware didn't just recycle gameplay elements from Mass Effect and Knights of the Old Republic (and Baldur's Gate, because I'm sure that's where they did some of the stuff first). Don't get me wrong, I love all their games but it worries me when I start describing things like Jade Empire as Knights of the Old Republic in Ancient China. Because that's exactly what it was. Very well-executed KotOR in Ancient China but I digress.

The backstories are really interesting and have a bit of dramatic punch to them; I can't be the only one who has to resist the temptation to do several characters and just see all the different backgrounds at the expense of actual progress. That said, after much agonising I settled on a human warrior (I'm boring like that) with a view to try out some of the Reaver stuff. Let's just say our intrepid lordling is very quickly losing faith in everything he sees. Since there's no one now who can help him, he'll go take revenge for himself!

Oh yeah, I do so love that dog.