View Single Post
Old 2007-07-02, 12:45   Link #65
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Couldn't have put it any better, Vexx. Whether you like them or not, these inside jokes are here to stay. Your best bet? Either stop watching or stop complaining (no disrespect intended) and accept that they're part of the show, since it's unlikely Kyo-Ani would ever "learn" and make them go away.

Tsundere Kagami-sama!

PS I personally find Shiraishi's Live-Action ED funny.
Welllllllll, that's not *exactly* what I meant. Self-referential jokes can be funny but if they intrude over the central action, to me it becomes a lose. For example, despite some of the audience loving the scene between the two voice actors in the convention --- I find that sort of thing a derail. It went on way too long and basically that isn't part of Lucky*Star's world. Instead of being integrated, it was almost like a separate commercial moment.
Now, I enjoyed the anime-only moments of how the girls reacted to the convention... but I found the vendor cameo-reference battle poorly integrated and pretty much irrelevant to the core of Lucky*Star.
At least in the Initial D reference in an earlier episode, a character was directly involved and participating in the parody.

Ten years from now when everyone's forgotten who 'Sugita" and those characters are... people watching Lucky*Star ep 12 will probably go ... okay what the hell was that bit about and why was it animated so differently?
And what did it have to do with Lucky*Star? Whereas with the Initial D sequence they might at least think "that was so funny watching her act like she was in some video game".

If the ED is "live-action Shiriashi" that's almost what I was wishing for the L*C segment.... thumbs up.