View Single Post
Old 2010-11-14, 15:01   Link #18832
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
Are you kidding? When Will asks Lion what gender he is, Lion has an incredibly strong reaction. His gratefulness when Will eventually admits that it doesn't matter to him is equally strong. There is no need to introduce the idea of gender ambiguity into Lion's life--or for that matter, have him dress and act as a man--if there isn't any ambiguity in the first place.
Lion definitely had a reaction, but it wasn't particularly strong. All Lion said was that people tend ask her a lot about her sex, and that it had become an annoyance, to the point she had developed a complex on her looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
I know you don't like the idea of Lion or Beatrice being intersex, but at this point I think it's pretty impossible to ignore what the series is saying. Having mangled genitals doesn't give you a "male persona" like Zepar and Furfur are supposed to symbolize, for one.
There's a difference between me not buying the idea and me not liking it, please learn to make that distinction. Also, I've said the possibility is there, precisely of things like Zepar and Furfur. So, I'm by no means denying it.

My point basically was that Yasu started complaining due to something she learned about herself, and which is related to the incident when she fell from a cliff, in which I see no connection to intersexuality at all.