View Single Post
Old 2013-02-18, 03:19   Link #5920
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post

Well I don't recall that ever being said but I can accept that as a possible Pro. But still a bit of battle experience for his druggies shouldn't have made the whole thing worth it.
No, the mass driver was the main reason(Atleast for the EA), and testing the druggies out being a secondary one.

Quote:
Then what exactly is your problem with me saying that it was out of character and bad writing?
nothing at all? i'm simply viewing it from another side.

Quote:
Destiny had plenty of flaws but ultimately i didn't think it was any more BS than SEED. So sorry, but I think you've completely misunderstood where I was coming from the entire time.
I can agree with me misunderstanding where you are coming from, but honestly you've made me more confused the more we've actually discussed this.
@Destiny, Honestly, Seed was a fine show on its own, but then Destiny came and pretty much 180'd several characters, Orb included (which i'm sure you can agree on) with the introduction of the Seirans, up until Destiny Orb seemed like a stable country with a stable parliament.

Quote:
That's fair enough. But the fact that he'd do it again except with trying to limit the causalities also means that he'd be willing to invade Orb under the same reasoning.
No, as Athrun said in Episode 25 of SEED, Heliopolis was different, meaning Orb wouldn't be handled in the same way.

Quote:
I wasn't talking about Athrun here. I was pointing out that your point about how ZAFT wouldn't invade Orb rests on the exact same reasoning I made to monster.
Sorry, didn't read what you wrote to monster, my apologies

Quote:
And what do you think the diplomatic matter could lead to? If Athrun and his team fight Orb then the rest of ZAFT will be forced into attacking Orb as well. And if Orb is a nation that ZAFT could actually crush so easily, why should it be a problem?
If anything, less friendly dealings with Orb, as i said earlier and the show upholds, Orb and Zaft are on good terms in SEED. A invasion due to one ship and one mobile suit is highly unlikely, Zaft in SEED was shown to make good decisions, unlike the EA.

Quote:
Both of them wanted to.
No, Yzak was pissed at the official response Orb gave, he didn't suggest invading, as shown in episode 25, he was simply venting like he usually does when he is upset.

Quote:
Except ultimately it doesn't and I've already made my point very clear on this. The Seirans simply do not have as much legal and cultural influence over Orb as you implied they had to in order for it to make sense.
i'm not implying, the show did.

Quote:
So you still admit it's out of character?
For Orb in SEED, yes, for Orb in Destiny, no.

Quote:
Yzak specifically stated he was higher in Command...
If you mean Athrun, yes, Athrun was higher in command at the time since he was the squad leader.

Quote:
Again, I can make the exact same points myself. Do you want me to be an arsehole about it or do you want me to respond to you like an adult? If it's the latter you're going to have to start caring whether you like it or not.
Actually, the responsibility lies with you to stop trying to offend me...
Adult's let things go, you are the one that keeps bringing it up now, i've moved past it, have you?
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote