View Single Post
Old 2008-04-25, 17:38   Link #312
Sol Falling

He spent enough time with Shirley for her to build up an incredible collection of pictures of them together and still have him consider her a friend, not a stalker. Several of those photos seemed to be taken in tourist locations or whatever too, like people out sightseeing, with other people like Rivalz appearing in a couple shots as well. Not to mention, since Lelouch basically lived in the student council headquarters, he was obviously spending a lot of time with the entire student council, and Nunally as well. Shirley was very much a part of Lelouch's daily life, so there's no reason to doubt that he would feel lonely. Although...I guess the issue wouldn't be 'loneliness' exactly...I guess I'll elaborate further.

Lelouch had basically wiped away his relationship with Shirley, an integral part of his existence within the student council. Like he said in 14, they would 'never laugh or fight like that again'. Basically, this loss would permanently colour his interactions with those people, in that environment. He had lost a place that he felt comfortable in, that was natural for him. And what did he give it up for? To pursue his revenge as Zero, with the power of Geass. But Zero was a lonely existence, a face that no one knows hiding behind a mask, a leader and his followers, no one trusted, no friends. Who was the only one who could support him and still see him for who he was as Zero? C.C.

That's why Lelouch was feeling lost, and why he needed an anchor of support to keep him on his chosen path. The only possible choice for that anchor was C.C. But C.C. was walking out on him. The person Lelouch thought he could trust to stay with him, accompany him, even push him on his path was leaving. He was truly being left with nothing. So of course he would demand 'Stay with me.' Of course he would fight to take her back. He was the one who needed her now. That's selfish. But very human, and if you want to take it that way, very romantic.

And anyway, I seriously wonder if you even bother to read my posts or are actually trying to make me look bad by misrepresenting my arguments. I never said that Lelouch was some evil entirely self-absorbed person. I just said he's got enough interest in himself to want to be happy, and pursue that happiness if he's given the chance. Just like any normal person. In fact, he's still a nicer guy than most people, ok? Just not some ideally altruistic paragon.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote