Thread: Licensed Freezing [Manga]
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-03, 15:49   Link #1184
hoarfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Spoiler for another way of putting it:
It's quite a fantastic textbook case of writing yourself into a corner when you consider everything it affects. You can't have Kazuya in fights against normal pandoras because he would upset the balance to the point of making it irrelevant, so you must nerf him by making him unable to utilize his abilities, and you can only excuse that by preventing him from having a baptism with Satella, which in turn can only be excused by artificially interrupting their relationship progress. In other words, for plot reasons the central relationship of the story must necessarily be thrown into a perpetual limbo.

As has been said before, it wouldn't be a problem if he'd get to fighting the Novas. But then again honestly this is just eyecandy, the girls are the focal point of the series and pitting them against each other exploits possible fanservice most effectively. If he went to the Nova conflict, you'd be left with a plot that is essentially Claymore with miniskirts.

I feel the need to say that I actually do like Freezing. I feel that it's a failure at this point but in a very spectacular way. I can't quite articulate it but it's just so many individually very appealing elements put together in such a derpy way.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote