View Single Post
Old 2006-12-30, 01:03   Link #133
Rall)eon117X
Lightning Alchemist

Well, this was just one of the greatest anime ive ever seen!

I have to admit, the reason why i started watchin it in the first place was because a lot of the characters had cute ears and tails ^_^". But after watching the first episode i automatically got hooked and watched it to the very end. And i liked it all (for the most part, but in general, it was awesome!)

Thoughts on final episode:
You wouldnt believe how mad i got when i heard they 'dismantled' poor Mikoto. She was really cute too! (i really liked her ears for some reason, and i felt like i saw them somewhere before...maybe on that little rabbit-like creature that's in Zaris's sig right above this post).

However, i was extremely happy to see that Hakuoro pwned them all by turning them into blobs for shattering his heart, his hopes, and all his dreams. He had finally found happiness and then they go dismantle her. What memories he had that i would definitely not want to happen to me.

It's great to see that Eruruu showed her feelings, and kissed him. I was waiting for that a long while (since like episode 1 when he stroked her tail :P). She took the initiative and wasnt afraid to show her feelings at all. I really liked that, as she was more reserved in the other episodes.

After all this though, i didnt cry, even though i was on the verge of it when Mikoto was dismantled. However, i pretty much broke down when i saw Oboro. At Yuzuha's grave. Really hit me hard there. I really wasnt expecting that at all. Just way too sad. Although im happy she's finally at rest, knowing that all's (mostly) right with the world.

And the very very ending. That made me happy. It's not clear cut, but i love when the story producers can give you such a massive amount of hope, for you to decide the fate. I believe that Hakuoro returned to Eruru. The look on her face pretty much convinced me. Whether or not it was in spirit, body, whatever, i want to believe they were reunited.

Overall comments (WTHeck? Damn long post eh? Cant help it...i really loved this anime):
This story had some of the greatest storytelling and time integration ive ever seen. I bet 99% of us thought this story was in a complete alternate reality in the past or in a feudal era. Finding that it was in the future, in the VERY far future was downright impressive. Greatest thing ive ever seen.

Beautiful battles, overall story, lovely characters, design, development. I really am happy it ended (to me,) to a satisfying ending, but i wish there were more now. I really hope to find another anime as epic and cool as this soon! This is the reason why i like anime. For series like Utawarerumono!