Thread: Licensed Hidamari Sketch
View Single Post
Old 2007-02-01, 15:12   Link #63
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
It seems the theme of 2007 is Comedy with wacky young girls going balls to the wall, and Remakes of old Mecha shows. We've got Manabi, Hidamari, Saint October and on the other front countless reimaginations of and new applications of mecha shows only me and maybe 5 other people I know have heard of. Unfortunately I can't even watch this until I finish Pani Poni Dash or I may end up getting my characters and events mixed up.

This is more to my liking from the screenshots than Manabi Straight with its bizzarly proportioned and pudgy looking high school girls. Plus hopefully no pointless singing just for the sake of selling singles for the voice actors. This seems to be straight to the point in terms of comedy and not about the promoting voice actors as the Manabi Straight seems to be doing. Plus from the clips I've seen I don't like the Manabi characters much at all, especially the main character who is fairly shallow in my opinion and it's to much about look at Manabi she's awesome, LOOK AT HER! I don't like it when certain character's get worshipped by everybody else in a show and are too incredible (The anime version of Suzumiya Haruhi took this to extremes at times making the anime version of the character almost unbearable compared to much more subtle and flawed Haruhi from the novel's narrative). Mostly though the character designs are really just not to my liking. Thus, if I'm going to watch any show with a mostly female cast this year it will be this one.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-02-01 at 15:32.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote