Thread: Licensed Hidamari Sketch
View Single Post
Old 2007-02-08, 21:02   Link #76
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I like the screenshots where they look so awesomely chibi and have Ditto (The Pokemon) eyes. Hopefully this is a viable replacement for when I'm done Pani Poni Dash, because it seems to have that habit of random chibi that I love so much. Believe it or not the all time champion of random chibi for me was Transformer's Car Robots. Go figure. But ugh, Yuko Goto, ugh is all I have to say. Sigh..... not even going to pretend to hope that I won't hate her character, you've got to have at least one character you don't care for in every series though. Still I doubt she'll take the whole thing down, no one character or voice actor can ruin an entire series by themselves. Plus I've had good experiences with a lot of series done by SHAFT. They are the kind of company you expect nothing from, yet they manage to deliver a solid product almost all the time.

Though anyone notice there's like way to many series with all female casts lately (Teams of 5 or so girls), what is up with that, sure its harmless (though if it becomes a trend it will just be beyond bizarre and frankly pandering to male sexual instincts, which will probably cause a crisis of faith in me so severe that I will say that anime is no longer a market for everybody, but just a select otaku group), but its strange and slightly worrying. I kind of wouldn't mind a major character who is a guy in my modern anime more than every every 5 or so new series. I don't know maybe they want to open up a larger female demographic for a while, another market entirely and that's what its all about. Well, at least it hasn't gotten to the point of trend, it may just be a coincidence, there's probably very little chance of that being the wave of the future beyond my paranoia.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-02-09 at 02:36.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote