Old 2009-10-30, 01:08   Link #148
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
To those who got trolled:

Welcome to Umineko.
If getting trolled is the entrance I don't think it'll have many returning visitors .

At any rate will fall back to my original strategy. Just trust that Battler isn't the bad guy. If that fails I just give up. I'll put my trust into Battler, Ange, and even Bernkastel. She wants to win and her winning is Battler winning so it should all work out. Just seems like we'll have a shifting of allies when the next game starts. Though I suppose as allies go your sister 12 years older than you remember her isn't too bad. She still doesn't have that line of Battler's down with the same enthusiasm though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee View Post
Rather than offering my own hare-brained explanation, let's make sure we all understand the philosophy of avoiding force.

We can start with Aesop's fable of the North Wind and the Sun. It basically was about how the North Wind and the Sun wanted to prove who was the strongest by seeing if they can get the traveler to take off his cloak.

The North Wind blew some heavy winds at the traveler, and thus he held his cloak tighter.
The Sun, on the other hand, simply shined on the traveler. Feeling warm, he takes off his cloak.
The moral of the story is that the power of suggestion can be greater than that of force.

Could they have gotten Battler to this point of almost signing the paper entirely by force? Maybe, but even the witches agreed that they couldn't do it. Hence the North Wind and the Sun method.
I think that sun and win plan was pretty straight forward. Just seems odd to me they would go through all of that to practically try to force him to write down his name at the end. The moment he had the smallest doubt they practically dropped the act and started chanting "sign" in odd voices. That's only going to make him less interested in signing the thing. Even if Ange hadn't shown up I couldn't see Battler willingly sign his name which seems to be the main point. Feels like they screwed up their own plan right at the end.