Thread: Licensed Elfen Lied
View Single Post
Old 2004-12-17, 11:11   Link #1086
Icehawk

Quote:
I'm not sure about the karmic balance stuff, we never need to balance out our karma for killing pigs and eating them. Why should a superior lifeform balance out karma for killing inferior lifeforms?
I would hardly consider a "diclonius" to be all that superior and definately NOT deserving to be considered above human law or anything like that. They still have all the limitations and physical fragility and emotional weaknesses that a standard human does and their intelligence is no different than a humans. Plus the little fact they can breed with and look just like us save for one feature. Its nothing like comparing a Human to pig.

To consider them to be so different and separate from us is ridiculous and is completely counter to what we see and in fact one of the central messages from the show; The fact that they are NOT so different and so deserve to be treated with the same love and respect you would a fellow human. At least thats one of the basic messages I got, and it seems rather self evident. Kinda like how in X-Men, the "mutants" are for all intensive purposes HUMANS that really deserve to be treated as such.

EDIT: Eldowick, if you'd read my posts you'd see I wasnt referring to the killing of the soldiers or the bad scientists, but anyways, that debate is over and I don't wish to dive back into it since I've made my points as clear as I can and whether you agree with them or not is up to you.

However on a separate note, your idea about the whole "Karmic balancing" in the show is actually an interesting take on it, something I didnt think of.

Last edited by Icehawk; 2004-12-17 at 11:35.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote