View Single Post
Old 2009-08-17, 13:28   Link #12
TCman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genstone View Post
I thought I would list out the genres of anime that I'm looking for, but then I think it's easier if I ask for recommendations based on actual examples I give.

Can someone recommend something similar to ARIA? As similar as possible? (Except YKK.)

I'm looking for anime that talks about life and contains something that we can learn. ARIA is exactly that, where nothing really happens, so I like it a lot. Any other?
(Genre: Slice-of-life)
How about: Sketchbook ~full Color'S~, Binbou Shimai Monogatari, Hyakko, Mushishi, Natsume Yuujinchou (+ Season 2)

Quote:
While my main target is slice-of-life anime, I'm also looking for something that talks about the more serious but inevitable things in life, like life-and-death stuff, money, and so on. One example I can think of is Black Jack. Any other like this?
(Genre: Drama - similar to Black Jack)
Try out these ones: Monster, Clannad (including After Story), Kanon (2002+2006),

Quote:
Another kind of anime I'm looking for is something like Ichigo Mashimaro for being moe (or even loli), and Moetan for being ecchi. Anything like those will be in my list. Any suggestions?
(Genres: Moe, Ecchi)
Maybe: Minami-ke, Mahoromatic

Have fun!

Last edited by TCman; 2009-08-17 at 14:29.