View Single Post
Old 2012-05-25, 02:43   Link #4338
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
You are overly simplifying things. It wasn't right after. The "new" Gundams already had their frames built but whoever started them. Quatre didn't discover them until sometime after MC16. Around MC18 since it took 6 Mars years to "complete" them. Trowa and Catherine migrated to Mars in First Summer MC14. Remember that time passes differently on Earth and Mars due to distance from the sun. About double the time passes on Earth. Heero was frozen for whatever reason. We will find out when this current arc is finished which is directly showing what lead up to everything. Stop complaining and wait.

How are they spitting on Endless Waltz? How was Endless Waltz a good ending? War ended forever and ever? That is stupid and you know it. Heero is the main character of a Gundam series. He is going to pilot a Gundam. I don't know what you were expecting. Maybe you should look at a different franchise? Heero isn't fighting a Zechs. He is fighting Katherine. Relena isn't Zechs. She isn't seen as Zechs. Stop saying that.

You must not understand math. Frozen Teardrop was said to take place 20-30 years after EW. Duo was around 17 in Wing 20+17=37 which is the youngest he could be. It took over ten years for things to escalate to the point that they needed to make MS. They didn't randomly need MS directly after Endless Waltz. IIRC Quatrine was 5 when she first piloted that suit she stole. She is 9 in the current story. She trained for around 4 Mars years aka 8 Earth years. Now, the original pilots felt they needed to find pilots. They didn't have Quatrine until she was 5 aka 10 Earth years. That right there is 10 years alone. Add in the development time which took 6 Mars years and 12 Earth years. You have a lot of time unaccounted for in which they didn't have Mobile Suits. Endless Waltz was not spat on. They didn't start to immediately build suits. They had over 10 years of peace at the very least before they started building suits.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. Read the novel before you bash it. It is in no way rehashing the TV Series. In fact, aside from the "clones" people are complaining that it is straying too far from the TV series with Nano Machines, MS Illusions, Snow Whites ice and fire attacks etc
Mmmm.... I think what people are trying to say here, as to what most of the discontent is that alot of the characters are physically carbon copies of the original cast, except for WuFei who doesn't get his own "clone" (and by clone I mean carbon copy character). A random hobo from Mars just happens to look nearly identical to Trowa Barton? Duo Jr. looks EXACTLY like Duo, and we're not even sure yet if he is Duo's son (most probably not because the timeline makes it impossible for him to be Hilde & Duo's. He could, maybe, be Duo & someone else's, but even then the timeline is cutting it too close). Apparently, all the females in the Peacecraft family have a tendency to look exactly like one another. Zechs & Noin's kids are copies of them, just gender switched... and a whole lot more that I am sure we will get to see in the future as this project continues to torpedo us.

As far as the story goes... we really don't have much of a story, it's really a lot of useless history/ backstory. But overall, it still feels more like a 15 year old girl writing a fanfic rather then a professional series writer. Many of the aspects of the story are farfetched (even for this series) and other aspects just contradict much of what has already been established for the characters the series and OVA.

However, to be fair to Sumizawa, he isn't really publishing a novel more then he is a script, hence it's hard to follow for the vast majority of people. Script writing and novel writing are two totally different beasts. As a script, Frozen Teardrop it's pretty good and clear. As a novel, it blows chuncks.

And as far as the timeline goes, we can't even trust it because its wrong from the very beginning! Dates and ages aren't corresponding to the information we are being given, which makes FT that much more of a really bad joke... which saddens me (but no one really cares about me being sad).

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote