Thread: Licensed Robotics;Notes
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-12, 12:13   Link #255
Midonin
Last Engage

R;N 01 - A Castle of Steel Rising in the Sky

It's very rare that I watch noitaminA (most of the time they simply don't look interesting), but I love the Science Adventure series. And as I've made clear in the Gyrozetter, Lagrange and Smile Precure threads (that last one for this weekend only, but it still counts), I love robots. My reasons have never been very well articulated - "It's a ROBOT" is often all said - but if I had to articulate, it's because as a longstanding member of the Super Sentai fandom, seeing giant robots week in and week out is nearly second nature to me, and the concept just bleeds coolness. More Super than Real, obviously. But the concept of a robot show within a show being a driving factor of this draws me in almost instantly.

Akiho's pretty much exactly the kind of character I like, even if I keep hearing a bit of Kokoro leaking through. I wonder just how much of a role Gunvarrel is going to play in the events, if that missing final episode has anything to do with the other stuff going on. The show looks a little cleaner than either Steins or Chaos, but as long as that same sense of conspiracy and atmosphere is there, I'll stick it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
My hope is that this show can possibly help others not so inclined to at least see what exactly it is that that people like me see in the mecha concept
I wasn't even aware there was a problem. I thought it was one of those evergreen genres that, by virtue of catering to Western tastes, didn't even need to be justified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
What very refreshing is the atmosphere are really less chuuni than two previous title
But that was my favorite part of the previous two! Or maybe it's just because I have a taste for overblown theatrics. Normality's only a relative thing, anyway.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote