View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 17:27   Link #143
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I disagree. the MS is in the top 3 abilities in the entire story and it's rare. i think an explanation of everyone with MS is in order.
I agree, an explanation is in order...we just don't need it during the course of current events. Honestly, based on what we currently know, it really doesn't matter to anything going on currently.

(Again, this is not to say that Shisui won't be coming back. It just seems really unnecessary...then again, when has that ever stopped Kishimoto?)

Quote:
in a story where characters like shin and hanzo are resurrected and given closure, having closure of shisui's character and mysteries should be inevitable.
What closure? He is said to have died as he lived, protecting Konoha and attempting to save the Uchiha Clan. And truthfully nothing he says can't be said by others (Sarutobi is right before Sasuke's eyes currently, and Itachi already explained himself). As it is, I'm still confused as to what mysteries you are referring to. The only thing that even comes close is how he (or Itachi) so thoroughly destroyed all the genetic evidence of Shisui's existence, but the "why" has somewhat been explained (keeping his secrets from Danzou and the Uchiha Clan). (If you want further rampant speculation...Shisui was Obito's brother, and that is why Obito was so interested in the eyes. But, Shisui completely destroyed himself so as to keep the power of EMS out of Obito's hands.)

Honestly, if you want a real mystery: Who the hell is Itachi's girlfriend?

Quote:
genjutsu is an entire subset of techniques and shisui had the most powerful one ever. i think it's much more important than a mere databook entry
What more can be said about his techniques that hasn't already been said in the manga?

Quote:
shisui's character comes across as a mentor type based on what itachi has revealed of him. that said, if he is alive and blind, he could serve as an adviser of sorts to sasuke.
Sasuke doesn't need an adviser (especially one he would literally have just met). Sasuke needs information and then to sit down, sort his shit out, and finally make some life decisions. Yet another adviser would do nothing for him now except add to the confusion in his poor messed up brain.

Quote:
he's also someone sasuke would listen to and take advise from given his close connection to itachi. the only way for sasuke to redeem himself, which he will do eventually, is by sacrifice which is what shisui taught itachi and may need to teach sasuke as well
That lesson was left up to Naruto to teach (Itachi both literally and figuratively gave Naruto Shisui's legacy).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote