Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2008-02-11, 22:37   Link #267
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
I don't remember hearing anything about Manhunt being revolutionary as far as gore goes.
From what you've quoted not many people did...

What exactly was so great about it to call for all the censorship?
What VK-Pitt said. Mistakes in the investigation were made, but it was enough of an implication to raise some eyebrows at the time, I guess. Either way, now that eyes are on Manhunt, it's nature is definitely controversial, whether "well within the bounds established by the BBFC's 18-plus ratings certification" or not.

Not only that, Manhunt wasn't even a good game. In fact, it sucked (I played for an hour then had to stop because it was so God-awful retarded, repetitive, and overall a disgusting concept). Other than it's shock value, it isn't even worth mentioning. I can't see Manhunt 2 being any different, except maybe more bloody and profane.

I shudder at the thought of a Saw game. The movies were bad enough. In all meanings of the word. They really don't need to make a video game based on it. (*BARF*)

Censorship is a subject that has been thrown around so much, it's hard to know who's right or wrong anymore. Assuming that there even IS a right or wrong.