View Single Post
Old 2010-08-02, 22:40   Link #13
Raiga
tl;dr

I'd like you to point me to somewhere that says or even implies, "Hey, this is what the anime is actually going to look like!" Where is this "lie" that you are so caught up on?

It's concept art. As in, these are the original character designs and we're currently in the planning stage. When they put up character profiles on the official website I guarantee they will use the anime character design art instead of Kishida Mel's illustrations. You shouldn't expect the anime to look exactly like the illustrations. The illustrations represent the character designs, not a frame of animation; do you even know what a character design is?

As for whether animating in that illustration style would be hard... god I really don't want to give a lecture on the differences between illustration and animation. Put it this way: why are cartoons or anime or ANYTHING 2-D animated NEVER drawn to look like realistic people? After all, any skilled illustrator can make a contour drawing of a realistic person, right? So why aren't they animated like that? Think about it.