View Single Post
Old 2012-12-18, 03:05   Link #6676
Slilent Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
ViVid is horrible as well, is just knows it and still pretends has a story. The chapters I just read show it really well. But as I say too much and nothing really of value. You see the main villain hasn’t been establish, we don’t know what anybody but the good guys is trying to get and still have a lot of characters that seems to go nowhere. Is not a lot of good things, is a lot of bad and poor written things. Like what happen with StrikerS. So in the end we are making a rather simple story an over complex mix that doesn’t keep you attention for too long.
Sansker do you read much? Thirty percent is not bad pacing considering the author is simply taking advantage of print media's more lenient time constraints.

Anime is expensive so plots are compressed, but Nanoha fallows a very simple formula, we meet our main hero(s), rival(s) show confront them, retreat, they meet a governmental ally who fills them on what is going on, turns out the bad guys aren't that bad except for one or two elements that they don't know how to deal with, the redeemable foes(particularly the rivals defect after a sound beating true villain is brought down thanks to a joint effort, the former villains are rehabilitated and incorporated into the military structure.

A novel can spend within good measure about a third of the plot distinguishing who is the bad guys, and then you learn their objectives particularly if there is more then one group in play.

The Hucks are clearly going to defect they. They have been lenient on the heroes, blamed for things they didn't do, and are afflicted by a disease that makes them violent. From what I've seen the Grendal's are a bunch of pawns that enjoys their illness and are ready to use devious methods to subvert the heroes.

The pacing seems fine to me especially if Toma takes the meeting we are most likely to learn the Hucks' motivation. This is an inter-dimensional crisis with biological warfare, all the other seasons were restricted to one planet, complexed things take time to work out.

Spoiler for thoughts:

Sure I wish it would come out faster but what good is it to complain? Do you know the author reads English and visits this site, I doubt it. Why even read it if you have nothing good to say about it. I have a complaints, mainly about the author forgetting the definition of main character, but what good does it do to get this mad about things we really have no voice in?

My current work
Slilent Type is offline   Reply With Quote