View Single Post
Old 2011-03-05, 07:24   Link #1037
Irisiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Sorry, but since Alto joined SMS he had a Military Rank. As far as I know he is Ranked as Ensign or Lieutnant during his duty for S.M.S. But isn't it lame from a guy to admit that he used a girl only for his personal goals? Not to mention that he needs about 20 episodes to express his needs.
Star Date would have happened even if Alto wasn't SMS. It is the following consequences of his stunt flight at the concert in the first episode. What I meant that in the context of Alto/Sheryl, military rank wasn't needed for them to interact, neither was Ranka's presence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Nothing new. Soldiers sometimes have to face an old friend as an enemy and that they are forced to kill each other "to protect" what is important to them.

That is nothing what should surprise someone. More interesting is that he is following an usurper.
Well, he doesn't know that he's following an usurper. The only reason why Leon is leader at the moment, is because everyone in charge believes that he should be. It isn't Alto's (or Sheryl's, or Klan's) job to question authority when it seems like the ones in charge are doing everything they can to deal with the current crisis (remember, Alto has no evidence of Leon being evil).

Plus, if Leon hadn't driven Frontier to attack Vajra planet, then Ranka's Do You Remember Love would have been the last song Humantradi heard. (Yes, Leon's scheming indirectly saved the world by having an army between Vajra and the rest of the universe until the misunderstandings could be cleared.)

As much as I hate the guy, Leon was an adequate president for Frontier during the crisis, he just attained that position by evil means, and had bad motives, and did some really questionable things as president, but he tried his best to pull Frontier up from the abyss they had landed in, as he wasn't stupid enough to be evil for the sake of being evil (a trap many wannabe-tyrants fall into the moment they get some power).