View Single Post
Old 2012-04-10, 17:54   Link #4
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, I can say that the historical data for rep does exist in the database, so theoretically it's possible to display it. But vBulletin doesn't have any built-in way to do it other than that list on the UserCP. It is possible to change the number of recent reps to show on the UserCP (like change it to some crazy number like 100,000), but unfortunately it doesn't paginate it, so it would just make the page long and take forever to load for people who've accumulated a lot of rep. So, all that to say, the only sensible way to accomplish this would be a modification of some sort.

I think one of the reasons that the default is 5 is that it's designed to be a bit ephemeral and transient. Particularly when you get bad rep, the idea that it'll scroll out of view after a while is what most people probably want. It also helps people forget about bad rep received in the past, rather than looking back through their history and re-opening old wounds.
I have to admit that what I put in bold applies to me.

I always find it refreshing when all I see is green, lol.

That being said, I really do like Dr. Casey's idea. It would be neat to sit down one of these days and look back over the full rep history I have here on Anime Suki, just to see which posts were the best-received and which ones earned me the most trouble.